7/13/10

wait for more


Some people just get under your skin and stay there. Or that is at least what I keep telling myself, mainly because of this one guy that I cant seem to let go off.

The night we met the connection was instant. He was the only one I saw, smiled at and talked to the entire night. I don’t even remember any of the other people.After the dinner we found of course some excuse to still hang out with each other and left for a bar near by the restaurant. It didn’t even take 10 minutes until I found myself in his strong arms kissing like crazy.

He kept calling for the next few weeks. We’ve spent hours on the phone talking about everything. It was so easy, so natural, he’d made me laugh, he’d calm me down, he’d always knew the right thing to say and he’d always find the right time to call. We’d spend a weekend in the far, far away countryside, just him and me. Two days, four walls, one bed. Nothing really happened though, we continued talking and kissing of course. It felt good, after all this time - if falling in love was really that easy and uncomplicated, I thought, I would do it.

It was not that easy! A couple of days later I had to learn that my newfound prince had a girlfriend. Did he really? How can that be? Why didn’t he tell me? Does he really love her? Should I really think that right now? Shouldn’t I feel horrible to be the other women? The other women I never wanted to be! What do I do? And the worst of all why do I still like him?

He didn’t even try to find excuse, he admitted everything right away but it wouldn’t ease the pain, not this time. I had sticked to the rules, I was smart, witty, funny, incredibly sexy (in the right moments of course) not always available, no pressure nothing.

Everything fell apart within days he would’t call or email anymore, no text message, no good night kiss over the phone, no wake up call nothing. All that was left was this big hole of nothingness.

Week’s even month passed by until I should her from him again. It was a Monday 16:23 in the afternoon. I was in the office as usual working, trying to concentrate, distract myself with work. And then all of a sudden my phone rang I didn’t know the number, so I contemplated for a bit if I should really answer it. But as usual I lost that fight. It was him, I was shocked. I couldn’t talk, I didn’t have to. He was in the city and wanted to see me! Should I do that? He lied to me! He has a girlfriend! Does he still? I am not the other women!

I couldn’t say “No” of course. He was still under my skin, nothing helped he wouldn’t go away, wash off, get out of my life. So, we met for dinner, same place different time. It was exactly like the first time. Before I left my apartment that evening I promised myself to stay away from that guy, to not get dragged into this story again, simply to not liking him. But I couldn’t. As soon as he stepped into the door it was a complete flash back, it was only he and I the entire time, I don’t even remember the other people. After the dinner we found of course some excuse to still hang out with each other and left for a bar near by the restaurant. It didn’t even take 10 minutes until I found myself in his strong arms kissing like crazy.

Some people just get under your skin and stay there, or do I fall in love to easily?

1 comment: